COCONUT FISH CURRY WITH TOMATOES RECIPE
serves 3 – 4 people as a main dish
3 tbsp canola oil
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/4 tsp cumin seeds
3 small shallots, chopped
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1.5 inch piece ginger, chopped
1 1/2 tsp chili powder
1 1/2 tsp coriander powder
1/4 tsp turmeric
2 tbsp water for paste
3/4 cup coconut milk
1 cup water
1/2 lb (1 -2) fish fillets, preferably a mild tasting white fish
1 tomato quartered or cut into eighths
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a frying pan, on medium heat, fry the mustard seeds in canola oil until they start to pop.
2. Add the cumin seeds and fry for one minute.
3. Turn the heat down to low and add the shallots, garlic, and ginger. Fry until the shallots are translucent.
4. In a small bowl, add the chili powder, coriander powder, and turmeric. Add 2 tbsp of water and stir to make a slurry. Add the slurry to the frying pan and fry for 2 – 3 minutes.
5. Add the coconut milk and 1 cup water to the frying pan and stir. Bring it to a boil and then reduce to a simmer.
6. Cut the fish into small pieces and lay flat in the frying pan in the curry coconut sauce. Add the tomato. The liquid should cover the fish, so add more if necessary. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Simmer covered for 15 minutes.
8. Remove the pan from the heat and let sit covered for 30 minutes. Serve with rice.
We found this great recipe at Flourishing Foodie.